Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wimba wk4


I was not able to attend the wimba but I did have my article reviewed by Melanie Johnston, Tina DeLuca, and Bryan Hammitt. It was helpful to have their feedback because I am so familiar with the content in my article that it was hard to see if I covered all the needed information to make my article make sense. Both Tina and Melanie helped me to see that I was missing some things that would present the whole picture of my research. Bryan helped me by giving me a perspective on my research from a personal point of view that I have not had before. Everyone's feedback was helpful.

Tina's comments:
Hey Lauren, Just read over your paper, have a couple of comments. What form was the introduction to Google sites in, video, lecture? Which Google sites? Might want to list them in the beginning then just refer to them as Google sites for the rest of the paper. In the results section you mentioned how you demonstrated but you did not mention it in the methodology section. Otherwise looks great. 

Melanie's Comments:
Lauren, your article looks great. I would just cut some of the lit review out; The article itself shouldn't be more than 1500 words. Tina's idea was good also, might make it flow better. I take that back, it's supposed to be a minimum of 2000 words, so you are right on the mark! Great job! 


Bryan's commments:


Having taught at a high school for the last 15 years, I am a
good example of one the teachers illustrated in your group.  I grew up and graduated college before the internet was available, yet I teach learners who have never been aware of the internet not existing!  It is very hard to convince a group of teachers, such as my past self, that personalized learning can be achieved very well through the use of their own google site.  I am happy to hear that towards the end cycle 2, you had the majority of the teachers creating and implementing their own Google site and maintaining it with a positive attitude. Hopefully they’ll “Pay It Forward”.  Nice Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment